Educational Stipends for Working Scholars
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood North Carolina Scholarship Program is excited to offer limited scholarship support to early educators who are employed in a licensed North Carolina facility that is unable to comply with the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood scholarship program's scholarship requirements.
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Working Scholars Program provides
- A $625 Associate Degree stipend during each semester of enrollment in 6 credit hours of coursework for a maximum of 5 semesters, OR
- A $1,250 Bachelor's Degree stipend during each semester of enrollment in 6 credit hours of coursework, for a maximum of 5 semesters, AND
- Counseling support to help guide working scholars with course selection each semester
As a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Working Scholar YOU are expected to
- Enroll in and complete coursework leading towards an Associate or Bachelor's Degree in early childhood education or child development
- Maintain acceptable academic standing with an overall GPA or 2.0 for Associate Degree scholars or 2.5 for Bachelor's Degree scholars
- Maintain at least 30 hours per week of employment in a North Carolina licensed facility
- Commit to work six months in a licensed child care facility for each stipend award that is received
- Uphold all responsibilities as specified in T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood agreement
* Retroactive Scholarships available from July 1, 2017.
* Stipend amounts will be prorated for semester enrollment in less than 6 credit hours.