Smart Start’s Vision
Every child reaches his or her potential and is prepared for success in a global community.
Smart Start was created in 1993 as an innovative solution to a problem: Children were coming to school unprepared to learn.
Policymakers recognized that progress would require tapping into the same innovative spirit that inspired private sector advances, and therefore, established Smart Start as a public/private partnership. Independent, private organizations work in all 100 North Carolina counties through The North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc., and 76 Local Partnerships.
The power of Smart Start is that it delivers outcomes by giving communities local control to determine the best approach to achieving them.
The Cabarrus Partnership for Children’s Smart Start Programs
- Child Care Health Consultants
- Public Education and Awareness
- Family Education and Outreach
- Trauma Informed System of Care (Parent Child Interaction Therapy)
- Smart Start Scholarship Child Care Subsidy Programs
Funding of all partner programs which include:
- Community Care of Southern Piedmont for Reach Out and Read & ABCD
- Thompson’s for Inclusion Services
- Family Support Network of Southern Piedmont for Project Baby Reach
- UNC-Charlotte for Healthy Lifestyles all Around
- Families First for Parents As Teachers and Celebrating Families
- Cabarrus Health Alliance for Emergency Dental Services