Smart Start Scholarship Vouchers
Information for Providers
The Cabarrus County Partnership for Children (Partnership) administers the Child Care Scholarship Program that assist eligible families residing in Cabarrus County by providing child care financial assistance. This program is not part of the regular child care subsidy administered by the Department of Human Services, it is a Smart Start funded program.
The Partnership will provide up to full time child care assistance (as long as funding is available) to children ages 0 – 5 years for families that meet scholarship income and the Scholarship’s eligibility guidelines. Scholarship families must utilize high quality care in a 4 & 5 star rated facilities per scholarship guidelines and pay a percentage (Parent Fee) of child care cost as determined by the guidelines. The parent/guardian in the home must meet work/school and other requirements as outlined in the program guidelines.
To qualify as a child care provider, you must:
- Be licensed by the State of NC and maintain as a 4 or 5 star rated licenses; provisional, special provisional, 1, 2, 3 star rated license are not considered.
- Admit children regardless of their race, religion, gender, creed, color, or national origin. The Partnership will pay the statewide market rate to approved providers for child care services renders to eligible Scholarship children.
Please help us by serving our children in child care.
Information for Parents
The Smart Start Scholarship program serves children who are 6 weeks to 5 years old-not in school. Parents have to be working or in school full time to apply. Families who are interested in applying for Smart Start Scholarship must first go to the PORCh online screening portal to determine their eligibility. Upon completing this screening, you will receive an email with contact information to complete your application if you are potentially eligible. Please note that you must provide supporting documentation at the time of application to verify the information that you provided during the screening process.
- Visit PORCh to begin the online screening process: https://porch.cabarruscounty.us/
- Once complete, check your email for eligibility results.
- If eligible to apply, our office will be automatically notified and we will contact as soon as possible to complete the application process.
If you are unable to complete the online screening through PORCh, please contact Lissy Rios at Cabarrus Partnership for Children: 704-933-8278.