Celebration for Children Art Show
In celebration of the Week of the Young Child, the Cabarrus Rowan Stanly Association for the Education of Young Children is sponsoring the Annual Celebration for Children Art Show!
Dates: May 3 - 17, 2017
Time: 2 - 5pm
Location: The Union Square Building - 11 Union Street in downtown Concord (Home of J. Talberts Clothing and Havana Cafe) (map)
Besides being just plain fun, art provides children the opportunity to express themselves creatively and encourages development in all areas. We want to showcase some of the wonderful works being created by young artists (ages 8 and under) at programs in our area. A few guidelines...
- Each art piece should be a reflection of a child’s creativity, effort and personal expression. (No coloring sheets, teacher-cut shapes pasted together, etc.)
- Pieces will not be judged.
- Each program may submit up to 12 two or three dimensional pieces...that reflect the
work of either an individual or a group. (Color crayon, chalk, marker, tempera paint
weaving, crayon resist, print-making, collage, sculpture etc.)
- Flat pieces must be mounted on a slightly larger piece of light weight poster board
(any color) creating the illusion of a frame.
- An identification card must be attached to the lower right-hand corner of each
piece which includes... Child’s Name, Age, Title of Piece, Medium and Program Name.
- A representative from each participating program must come to Union Square to
help hang their art works on Wednesday, May 3 between 2-5 pm. Pick up will take
place on Wednesday, May 17 between 2 and 5 pm.
- Artists are invited to a drop-in punch and cookies reception on:
Saturday, May 13 from 10- Noon, during Historic Concord’s Spring Into Arts Festival.
- Please complete & fax, email, or mail the registration form if you would like your
program to join in the fun. Questions: Call Lisa Wallace at 704-701-5029.