Smart Start’s Vision
Smart Start was created in 1993 as an innovative solution to a problem: Children were coming to school unprepared to learn.
Policymakers recognized that progress would require tapping into the same innovative spirit that inspired private sector advances, and therefore, established Smart Start as a public/private partnership. Independent, private organizations work in all 100 North Carolina counties through The North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc., and 76 Local Partnerships.
The power of Smart Start is that it delivers outcomes by giving communities local control to determine the best approach to achieving them.
The Cabarrus Partnership for Children’s Smart Start Programs
- Child Care Health Consultants
- Public Education and Awareness
- Smart Start Scholarship Child Care Subsidy Programs
Funding of all partner programs which include:
- Cabarrus Health Alliance: Emergency Dental Services
- Community Care of Southern Piedmont: Reach Out and Read & ABCD
- Endless Opportunities: Family Education & Outreach
- Families First of Cabarrus County: Parents As Teachers and Celebrating Families
- Family Support Network of Southern Piedmont: Project Baby Reach
- Thompson Child and Family Focus: Inclusion Services/Incredible Years
- UNC-Charlotte: Building Healthy Lifestyles in All Directions