Cabarrus County Preschool Applications
Attention Parents: Did you know that Cabarrus County Preschool Programs have partnered together to create a single, universal preschool application for NC Pre-K and Head Start? Now you only have to complete one application and submit your information one time to see if your child is eligible to attend either program. All information is entered into a single database to determine eligibility for all programs.
To make sure your child’s application can be processed and considered for placement in one of the Preschool Programs, please be sure to follow all instructions for submitting the application carefully.
- Instrucciones para Llenar la Solicitud
- Required Documents/Forms
- Submitting Your Application
- Submit by Email, Fax or Drop Box
- Submit the Application & Supporting Documents Online
- Application Packet & Required Forms
If you have any questions, please call 704-933-8278 Opt. 1.
Children must be three (3) or four (4) years old by August 31, 2021.
NC Pre-K: All sources of family income cannot exceed 75% of the North Carolina median income/Public School sites must also meet Federal/TANF Poverty Guidelines.
Head Start: All sources of family income cannot exceed 100% of the federal poverty level
Other: Other risk factors may be considered for eligibility including, but not limited to, developmental need, as indicated by a developmental screening, homelessness as defined by the McKinney-Vento Act, separation from parent due to incarceration, and foster care placement.
All applications must be COMPLETE. This includes having ALL supporting documentation submitted with the application.
- Copy Child’s Birth Certificate (Certified, not Mothers Certificate)
- Proof of ALL income (1 month worth of Current Check Stubs, 2020 Tax forms- Page 1 of 2020 F-1040 or, 2020 W-2, or 2020 F-1099 or, SSA/SSI Award Statements for Children or Adults (SSDI Income for Adults or Children does not count toward income)
- 2 Proofs of Current Address - Driver’s License, Utility Bill, Lease Agreement, Settlement Statement, Bank Statement, Proof of Domicile, Medicaid Card
- Documentation of Legal Guardianship if Applicable
- Child’s most current and up to date Well Child Health Assessment with Immunization Records. The Assessment must be on the Preschool Health Assessment Form (Please have completed by Physician Prior to beginning the Application Process)
- If your child has a Developmental Disability or an Active IEP, you will be asked to provide that documentation also prior to acceptance into one of the Preschool Programs.
For questions, call 704-933-8278 opt 1.
Complete the Site Preference Form
The Program Preference Form is part of the application (page 10). Your selections do not guarantee placement at any site, but allows you to indicate location(s) you are able to provide transportation for your child and you are able to access before and after school care if needed. Please note program specific eligibility requirements below.
Completed applications and supporting documents can be submitted online at the end of this application or by email, fax or drop box locations listed at the bottom of this page.
Developmental Screening Appointments
(Subject to COVID-19 Restrictions)
Prior to placement, all children will be screened using the Dial 4 Developmental Assessment Screening Tool. After we have reviewed your application with the required documentation, a staff member will be in touch to schedule a screening appointment for the next available screening event. Children who currently have an active Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and receiving services from the local LEA (school district) will not need to be re-screened.
Placement Status Notification
1st round placement notifications will take place late June. 2nd round placements for any unfilled spots will take place mid to late July.
Waiting Lists for Pre-K
Space is limited and some children will be placed on a wait list. For applications received before August 1st, waitlist letters will go out during the month of August. Applications received after August 1st will automatically be placed on a waitlist. You will be notified if a space becomes available at any time during the school year.
Download the preschool application and complete ALL sections. Submit the application with all required documentation in order to avoid delays in processing your child's application.
The Cabarrus Partnership for Children will not be responsible for applications turned in at locations not listed below. You will be given or mailed a receipt that is dated and signed by the person who accepted your application at these locations. Please keep your receipt and the cover page that provides additional information about Pre-K programs and the enrollment process.
Applications can be emailed, faxed or dropped off at any of the following locations
Cabarrus Partnership for Children
- Fax: 704-934-0029
- Drop Box: Cabarrus County DHS 1303 S Cannon Blvd Kannapolis 28083
The Mary Frances Wall Center
- Fax: 704-784-2346
- Drop Box: 3801 Hwy 601 S Concord NC 28025
Save the Children Head Start
- Drop Box: 310 Kerr St. Concord NC 28025
McKnight Child Development Center Head Start
- Drop Box: 1300 Glen Ave. Kannapolis, NC 28081
- Drop Boxes also at all Kannapolis City Elementary Schools
**Funding for Pre-K programs is provided by state and federal sources. Eligibility criteria for a particular site depends upon the funding requirements.**
The Cabarrus Partnership for Children, McKnight Child Development Center, Kannapolis City Schools, Cabarrus County Schools and Save the Children Head Start, will share application information. This will allow your child to be considered for all Pre K programs in the county for which your child is determined eligible.
In compliance with federal and state laws, The Cabarrus Partnership for Children, McKnight Child Development Center, Kannapolis City Schools, Cabarrus County Schools and Save the Children Head Start administer all programs and admissions /selections for Pre-K programs without discrimination because of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability or gender, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.
Required documents and a link to the online application form is listed in the section below.
Applications will remain incomplete until all documentation is received.