Smart Start was created in 1993 as an innovative solution to a problem: Children were coming to school unprepared to learn.
Policymakers recognized that progress would require tapping into the same innovative spirit that inspired private sector advances, and therefore, established Smart Start as a public/private partnership. Independent, private organizations work in all 100 North Carolina counties through The North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc., and 76 Local Partnerships.
The power of Smart Start is that it delivers outcomes by giving communities local control to determine the best approach to achieving them.
our smart start programs
The following Smart Start programs are implemented locally by the Cabarrus County Partnership for Children:
- Assuring Better Health and Development
- Child Care Health Consultants
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Reach Out and Read
- Public Education and Awareness
Funding of all partner programs
The Cabarrus County Partnership for Children provides Smart Start funding for the following partner programs:
- Emergency Dental Services (Cabarrus Health Alliance)
- Parent Support Groups (Endless Opportunities)
- Parents as Teachers / Attachment Biobehavioral Catch-up (Endless Opportunities)
- Early Education Teacher Liaisons and Early Education Business Administrator Liaisons (Rowan-Cabarrus Community College)