Smart Start was created in 1993 as an innovative solution to a problem: Children were coming to school unprepared to learn.
Policymakers recognized that progress would require tapping into the same innovative spirit that inspired private sector advances, and therefore, established Smart Start as a public/private partnership. Independent, private organizations work in all 100 North Carolina counties through The North Carolina Partnership for Children, Inc., and 76 Local Partnerships.
The power of Smart Start is that it delivers outcomes by giving communities local control to determine the best approach to achieving them.
The Cabarrus Partnership for Children’s Smart Start Programs
- Assuring Better Health and Development
- Child Care Health Consultants
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- Reach Out and Read
- Public Education and Awareness
Funding of all partner programs which include:
- Cabarrus Health Alliance: Emergency Dental Services
- Endless Opportunities: Parent Support Groups / Parents as Teachers
- Family Support Network of Southern Piedmont: Project Baby Reach
- Thompson Child and Family Focus: Incredible Years/Kaleidoscope Play & Learn
- UNC-Charlotte: Building Healthy Lifestyles in All Directions