Child Care Health Consultants
Child Care Health Consultants (CCHC) provide training and on-site assistance to 90+ child care providers to improve the health and safety of children and prevent the spread of communicable disease. Services are provided by registered nurses with the Cabarrus Partnership for Children.
Child Care Health Consultants partner with providers to:
- Assess health and safety needs and practices in the child care setting
- Help caregivers develop strategies for caring for children with special health needs
- Establish policies and procedures for health/safety emergencies
- Provide health education and wellness programs, as well as health screenings
- Offer solutions for managing injuries or infectious diseases within the child care setting
- Connect caregivers and families with community health care resources and experts
- Provide up-to-date information on the latest guidelines, policies, and information regarding child health and safety
- Offer hands-on support through telephone advice or regular on-site visits
- Conduct child care staff training
For more information, contact Debra Pless or Melissa Jones at (704) 933-8278.