Child Care Resources
- Child Care Search - A program of Child Care Resources, Inc. that helps you find a child care program that meets your family's needs.
- Choosing Quality Child Care Checklist - The NCDHHS Division of Child Development compiled a list of questions and issues that you may want to discuss with potential child care providers. The Division recommends that parents make multiple visits to facilities to gain first hand knowledge of the child care program.
Educational programs & tools
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library - A free program that mails a new book to registered children until they turn 5. Available to children who reside in Cabarrus County and are under the age of 5.
- ReadyRosie - Families in the Cabarrus County Schools district can receive a free subscription to ReadyRosie, an online resource that provides daily, modeled activities for adults to do with their children, from infancy up to age six.
- Talk, Read and Sing Together - Tip sheets for families, caregivers and early learning educators by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Text4Baby - A free app that makes it even easier for you to get critical health and safety information for your baby.
- Vroom - Tips and brain building activities
Health & development
- Crib Information Center - Recalls, regulations and standards, and other resources related to cribs, bassinets or play yards from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Safe Kids Worldwide - A nonprofit organization that works to help families and communities keep kids safe from injuries.
- Cabarrus County Child Find - Offers a free screening and/or evaluation for children ages 2-5 who are suspected of having a developmental delay or disability.
- NC Infant-Toddler Program - Provides support and services for families and their children, birth to three, who have special needs. Referrals are made to the Children's Developmental Services Agency (CDSA) locally. CDSA - 1065 Vinehaven Drive, Concord, NC 28028 - (704) 786-9181.